Wednesday, August 8, 2007

First of all - Thank you to everyone who's RSVP'd for the camping trip. I appreciate the quick response from so many of you. Perhaps it was the weekend I picked, or the idea of camping, or maybe it's the distance required to get to Mirror Lake....
As of now there's going to be plenty of room for my kids to roam at the group site we have to ourselves. If anyone else is even considering coming would you please drop me an email or leave a comment here? I don't want to pull the plug quite yet, but I also don't want to put any more effort into planning food and gear if this turns out not to be the year to revive our class camping trip.

I'll leave you with a few photos from last years reunion at Naomi's place in Fond du Lac to inspire those of you who are having trouble deciding whether or not to come.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks Heather for letting me know where you are in your planning process. Travel is never simple with kids. I appreciate you kind words about our current situation. Job hunting is stressful enough without the complication of a potential move. I was feeling torn yesterday when I wrote this post. IF Brian gets this job we should really spend every possible second getting the house ready to sell and if nobody was up for a reunion I sure as heck didn't want to drive 4 hours just for my family to go camping when we could be driving to International Falls to house hunt.
At the same time I didn't want to squash the plans of anyone who's kept that weekend open and will at the last minute decide to come.

I'll keep you posted on what other responses I get.

your friend,
carrie


p.s. for those of you reading this that are lost - there's an update on my family's blog about the big changes that might be in store for us.